Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Attack on Homeschooling

A couple of days ago a court in California issued a ruling that could end the majority of homeschooling taking place in that state. The Second District Court of Appeals (SDCA) ruled that parents don't have a constitutional right to homeschool their children and that education should be done only by credentialed teachers. How arrogant!

So, the SDCA thinks that only credentialed, i.e. approved by the state, teachers can educate children? Does it mean credentialed teachers who routinely turn out kids who can't read, can't think, and can't even find their own country on a map? Does it mean credentialed teachers who oversee a dropout rate of 30 per cent? Does it mean credentialed teachers who can't stop having affairs with their students? Does the SDCA mean those credentialed teachers? Give me a break! This ruling is a naked attempt to crush parental rights and keep children in the hands of the state so they can be indoctrinated in it's left-wing ideology. This has NOTHING to do with concern for kids' welfare or educational excellence.

If the Second District Court of Appeals was truly concerned with the educational well being of California's children it would be urging and facilitating more, not less, homeschooling. Study after study shows that, in all subjects, homeschooled kids regularly outperform their publicly educated counterparts. You'd think the state would consider that a good thing, but you'd be dead wrong. The liberal state of California wants control over the minds of the state's children. It wants to make sure they're taught a liberal worldview. Parents, particularly homeschooling ones, can't be trusted to do that, hence the SDCA's ruling.

Hopefully California's homeschooling parents, and those in other states, will rise up against this tyrannical decision. They have right and conscience on their side. In one way the court's ruling is correct. Parents' right to raise their children as they see fit, including educating them at home, doesn't come from any constitution. It is a DIVINE right. The Declaration of Independence clearly instructs us that this is so. Perhaps this is a truth that California's left-wing public schools want to eradicate all knowledge of and substitute the "truth" that rights come from government. The only way to have a citizenry that will believe that is to make sure education is state controlled. Are you now seeing the reasons for this attack on homeschooling? I hope so, and I hope you won't let it stand.

3 comments:

Elissa L. said...

Hi! I couldn't find an email address for you on your blogs. Thanks for visiting Punk Rock Parents! Dexter is a Boston Terrier. My sister is a hughe dog person and a even bigger Boaton Red Sox fan. She had 2 dogs named Ben and Chill. Ben was a mini pincher and Chill was a chihuahua. They both got out of the gate and ran away. My sister was devistated. It took her a few years to finally be ready to get a new one. Dexter was her new dog. She contacted a breeder out here near me in Palm Springs. When the breeder had a new litter my sister was ont eh top of the list. She drove out the 3 hour drive to pick her dog. On the way home she got into a pretty bad car accident that left her in the hospital for about a week. When Dexter was ready to come home my sister was still in a neck brace, but that dog really helped her heal and be happy in a really dark time in her life!

Seane-Anna said...

Hi PRM! Glad you stopped by my humble site. Sorry about the e-mail address problem. I thought it was there. But it worked out ok 'cause you got to come visit me. Hee! Hee!

So Dexter is a Boston Terrier. Yep, that's the kind of dog my niece had. She didn't have good experiences with them, as I wrote on your blog. I hope Dexter works out better for your sister. After the trauma she's been through she deserves the happiness that having a pet can bring. I wish her well!

Kendra said...

I tired to email you over the weekend and it was returned to me! :(

I love this post ~ The government needs to get out of the school system. The reason children can not read is simply b/c of the government. We spend more money on the school system and yet the kids are worse off. I am all for home schooling and support those that choose to do it. I personally could not ~ My poor kiddos would be in a world of hurt w/me as their teacher. Lol
My son goes to a Christian school and he is getting an amazing education….of course it cost a pretty penny though!
But I still don’t depend on the school to teach them. I know they will fail them so their father and I do our part!

I am so honored that you want to use my piece on the solider. Thank you for your kind words you left me. You brought a smile to my face. :)

Hope you have a fabulous week and I'll talk to ya soon.